PRODUCT TRENDS 2022
Utilizing our global culinary skills and knowledge to examine these concepts, Hela Spice can create products and recipes to assist our customers to stay ahead in 2022. We have the capabilities and ingredients to guide you in any direction you wish to take with your product ideas.
PLANT-BASED PROTEIN EVERYWHERE
- Plant-Based Protein Cookies
- High Protein Plant-Based Cheese
- High Protein Bread made with Plant-Based Protein
- Extruded Snack Foods made with Plant-Based Protein
- Plant-Based Protein Multi-Seeded Crackers
WASTE REDUCTION AND UPCYCLING
Diverting trim and waste into something new and delicious!
So how can a food processor meet these emerging needs? A Hela Spice, we have extensive experience in transforming tr slicing ends, and broken products in delicious and exciting n products.
Examples of products that meet these trends are:
- Shelf Stable BBQ Hot Dog Bites (from broken hot dogs)
- Honey Mustard Ham Jerky (from ham slicing ends)
- Bacon Chips (from bacon ends)
- Roast Turkey Croquettes (from turkey slicing ends)
BREAKFAST IS BACK!
Excite your customers with new and delicious breakfasts!
Work from home situations will continue into 2022. The last 20 months of work from home have afforded consumers with more time in the mornings to prepare bigger and better breakfasts. These new consumers habits will not soon go away as consumers continue to look to breakfast as the most important meal.
Whether you’re looking to expand your line up of existing breakfast meats, looking to add a plant-based option, or offer a healthier option, the breakfast experts at Hela Spice can help.
How about some of these exciting breakfast meals?
- Honey Ginseng and Green Tea Instant Oats
- Everything Bagel Crusted Bacon
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheddar Breakfast Sausage
- Pizza Inspired Shakshuka
- Mexican Chilaquiles Roja
THE HIDDEN BENEFITS OF BOTANICALS
Food and health continue to be linked.
The COVD-19 pandemic has changed how consumers see how food and drink fit into their lives. More than ever, consumers a looking for food and beverage options that have functionality addition to great taste. Foods that offer benefits like having anti-inflammatory properties, aiding digestion, or that are just rich in micronutrients. Consumers are seeing food as part of a holistic approach to health and immunity.
The Hela Spice Team is ready to create something delicious that will standout from the traditional choices – enjoyable foo products that that will keep your customers coming back for more.
Here are a few examples:
- Moringa Latte Protein Shake
- Turmeric and Black Lime Chicken Marinade
- Elderflower and Gruyere Smoked Sausage
- Galangal, Thai Basil and Lime Cook-in-Bag Pork Roast
- Wild Blueberry, Ginger and Agave Vegan Ice Dessert
Meal time becomes an escape to paradise.
As travel continues to be limited and stress from daily life continues, consumers will look for new opportunities to escape. The flavours can help consumers unwind by momentarily transporting them to their favourite warm weather destination.
Let us work with our global divisions to deliver exciting new flavour profiles for you to delight your customers. Whether you want Island flavours from South East Asia or the Caribbean Hela Spice and help!
Here are some ideas:
- Mango, Ginger and Mint Chicken Sausage
- Jerk Spiced Plant-Based Chick’n Patty
- Indonesian Sate Marinade
- Coconut Curry Pork Jerky
- Filipino Adobo Seasoning
Sweetness will be blended into new flavours
Consumers will be looking to add sweetness to bring out new flavour combinations. Sweet and spicy, sweet and salty, sweet and earthy, and sweet and sour will help guide consumers down new culinary paths.
Let us work with our global divisions to deliver exciting new flavour profiles for you to excite your customers. Whether you want a sweet and salty snack, a sweet and spicy side, or sweet and sour main, we can help.
Here are some ideas:
- Beetroot and honey sausage seasoning
- Pomegranate Molasses Baharat BBQ Rub
- Louisiana Style Sauerbraten Cook-in-Bag Roast Beef
- Thai Chili and Kecap Manis Flavoured Snack Seasoning
- Ghost Pepper and Root Beer BBQ Glaze
NOT-SO-CLASSIC COMFORT FOODS
Classic combinations, with a twist!
As the pandemic continues into 2022, consumers are looking to their standby classics to give them comfort but are looking for ways to tweak the classics to make them new again.
We can assist you in developing products that take classics and help elevate them to a new level. We’ll ensure classic comfort never means boring!
What do you think of these?
- Chicken Teriyaki Shepherd’s pie with Crispy Rice and Sesame Topping
- Chinese 5 Spice Tourtiere
- Plant-Based Korean Gochujang Mac and Cheese
- Kofta Style Salisbury Steak
The search continues…
The COVID-19 Pandemic has forced consumers into their home kitchens and away from restaurants. As the world has started to reopen and travel has started back up, those who are able to travel have been seeking out unique culinary experiences then replicating them in the home kitchen.
Whether you’re looking to develop a range of products with a North African flavour profile or want to get to know the intricacies of regional Chinese cuisine, Hela has the knowledge and is here to help.
How about a…
- Mexican Al Pastor Style Marinade
- Argentinian Chorizo Sausage
- Chaat Masala Spiced Aged Cheddar
- Shichimi Togarashi Spiced Breaded Chicken Pieces
- Vietnamese Honey Hoisin Glaze
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH HELA SPICE?
R&D Team experienced in many different product categories
- Ability to create products based on customers’ ideas
- Ability to bring new product ideas and fully
developed concepts for customer review
- Real plant production experience that enables Hela Spice Canada to create an easy to produce system of blends and raw materials including processing instructions, to make processing simple for companies
- We can adapt procedures to best utilize available plant processing equipment
Have a product idea? Tell us all about it and your search for the perfect ingredients. Find it all at Hela Spice. Let’s talk about your next best-seller.